What could be tastier than some deliciously delightful summer salad treats? Indulge in these satisfying refreshers for your body and spirit! I love the way the fresh mint leaves, lemon juice, and the prosciutto work together to bring out the ümami in the first salad. The melon mellows out the flavors and adds a subtle summer sunset vibe. The grilled peaches with their sweet and salty buttery goodness melt in your mouth while the sharp tang of the rocket and the rougher texture of the endive add a liveliness to the supah sweet Georgianess of the second dish. Enjoy!
Üdo’s Minty Melon Refresher
- 1 cantaloupe (balled with melon baller)
- 1 cup of mini fresh mozzerla balls
- fresh mint leaves chopped to taste
- sliced prosciutto to taste
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- lemon juice (to taste) about 1 tablespoon
Gently combine all ingredients and serve immediately.
Üdo’s Grilled Peach and Rocket Salad
- 1 peach halved and quartered
- 1 tablespoon of butter (the real stuff – salted)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 bunch endive
- 1 bunch arugala (aka rocket)
- 1 cup of tiny fresh mozzarella balls
- sea salt and freshly ground black peppah to taste
Grill the peaches in a non-stick pan with the buttah. Sprinkle with black pepper and set aside. Toss the endive, arugala, mozz balls, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper. Serve with grilled peaches on the side. To die for.