This recipe is deeeeelicioüs! Da. Ees trüe. It is simple and simply elegant. Easy and süper quick to make. Your tastebuds will be dancing. Dancing I tell you! My hüsband ranked this recipe in his top 10 favorite dinners… try it- you’ll see! He just told me I need to make this for the next visitors we have over – either my folks or his… it’s filling and delicious but it’s very light and not heavy. It delivers big on taste and textüre without making you feel weighted down. Ahhh… I’m jüst relaxing in the after-dinner after-glow! =D Onwards… so this recipe is one that I borrowed from Giada DiLaurentiis and tweaked to my own specifications. For the original recipe go here.
Below is the variation I made tonight and the one I süggest you try yourself… 😉 I call it my PAT Ravioli– for pancetta, arugula, and tomato. Enjoy!
Pat Ravioli Ingredients
- 1 package of cheese ravioli
- 4 oz of cubed (chopped) panchetta
- 5 or 6 fresh ripe tomatoes chopped and drained
- a dazzle or two of olive oil
- sweet sea salt grinded to taste
- 4 or 5 cloves of garlic chopped
- parmesean cheese for grating
- black freshly ground pepper to taste
- 3 big handfuls of arugula with stems removed
- 1 small handful of chopped fresh basil (roll the leaves up like a cigar and julienne them)
- 2 tablespoons country fresh cream butter
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the ravioli and cook for 7 to 9 minutes until tender and they float to the top. You can use a spider spatula to remove them from the pot or just drain into a strainer. Adding salt does two things: first – it makes the water boil faster, secondly – it flavors your pasta.
- In a large pan over medium-high heat, add the pancetta and cook stirring frequently, until crispy, about 8 minutes. Remove to paper towels to drain.
- In a separate pan dazzle some olive oil and toss in 4 or 5 large garlic cloves that have been coarsely chopped. Sprinkle with sea salt… simmer until tender… stirring frequently with a wooden spoon so as not to burn the garlic.
- Add the tomatoes, olive oil, salt and pepper and cook for 2 minutes until tender. Add the arugula and basil and cook until wilted, about 30 seconds.
- Stir in the butter and melt. Add the ravioli and cooked pancetta and toss until coated. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Transfer the ravioli to a large serving bowl. Garnish with the remaining basil and shave a few parcels of fresh parmesan on top. Serve in big bowl with fork. Dig in!
This dinner makes me want to sing Volare!