Bacon Wrapped Mahi Mahi and Asparagus
We had some Mahi Mahi that I defrosted the other night but I wanted to perk it up a bit so I googled some recipes that used Mahi Mahi and wanted to see if any of them also used bacon (had some left that I didn’t cook for breakfast and wanted to use up). Found a lot of recipes out there for Mahi Mahi wrapped in bacon and each pretty much sounded like the other. So here’s my variation of one that I found while cooking and internetting…
- 2 defrosted mahi mahi filets that have been cut into bite size pieces
- Some dry rosemary
- Old Bay Seasoning
- Lemon juice to taste
- 3-4 slices bacon cut in half (one for each bite sized piece of mahi mahi)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper
- Lemon pepper seasoning
Preheat the oven to 400°F
- Season both sides of the fish fillets with salt and pepper, the lemon pepper seasoning, rosemary, lemon juice, olive oil, and Old Bay seasoning.
- Wrap two pieces of bacon around each fillet. I found out the hard way that wrapping 1 long piece of bacon around the fish sounds like a great idea- but its not. If you wrap a whole piece of bacon around the fish then half of it won’t be cooked properly. Ew.
- Warm a non-stick skillet over medium heat, and dazzle a bit of olive oil. When it is hot, set the filets in, browning each side of the bacon for about a minute each.
- Once the filets (bacon) are browned, place in a shallow baking dish (covered) and bake at 400 for about 10 minutes or until fish flakes.
- Meanwhile, mix together some lemon juice and mayonnaise (to taste) varying the amount of lemon so that its not too tart.
- Once the fish is done plate it with asparagus and rice and drizzle with lemon mayo. Yum.