Nigella’s Grown Up Hot Cocoa
- 2 cups whole organic milk
- 3 1/2 ounces best-quality semisweet morsels
- 1 shake of cinnamon
- 2 squirts of honey
- 1 teaspoon or so of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons dark rum or more to taste.. hehee
Put the milk into a saucepan with the chocolate and add to the milk along with a cinnamon, honey, and sugar and heat gently until the chocolate is melted. Stirring with a wooden spoon.
Add the vanilla and mix with a small hand whisk and still whisking, add a spoonful of the rum first and taste to see if you want more. Add more sugar if you want this sweeter, too. Take out the cinnamon stick and pour into 2 cappuccino or caffe latte cups.
For more great recipes like this, visit the Food Network online!