- 1 box of instant mashed potatoes
- 1 bag of wide egg noodles
- 10 large onions diced (yes – 10! don’t freak out it’s actually quite subtle once cooked)
- olive oil to taste and to sautee the onions in
- sea salt
- black pepper
- 2 packages of Cracker Barrel Vermont Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese (white)
- milk for the mashed potatoes
- buttah (that’s butter) country fresh cream butter! (use in sauteeing and in the mashed potatoes)
- Prepare the bag of noodles as directed. Drizzle olive oil over so they don’t stick. Set aside.
- Prepare the box of potatoes as directed. Slice in a few tablespoons of butter. Set aside.
- Dice the onions and sautee (in batches if necessary) in butter and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Shred the cheddar cheese using the largest slot on a hand held shredder. If you use a smaller shred slot the cheese will become too thin and will clump together. Use the biggest slot.
Layer the ingredients from the above steps in a casserole dish as follows:
- mashed potato
Repeat the layers ending with cheese and onion on top. Cover with foil and refrigerate until you are ready to cook or cover with foil and bake for 35 minutes at 350 – until cheese looks melted and gooey. Serve warm. So yummy!!